Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Monday, May 4, 2009

Visitors

Dr. Kshettry (surgeon) and Dr. Fine (cardiologist) just stopped by and visited with us. Dr. Fine estimated Christina will go home on Wed. Her heart beat is around 109 or so and they want it under 100. Her rhythm is improving. By the way "rhythm" is a really good "hangman" word. They will put her on some medication (beta blockers) to lower the heart rate. Typically, patients heart beats are too low. I'm guessing that is more typical in older patients.

Christina had a 1/2 shower today and she is looking great. She's had these visitors today: AmyJoe, Angela King, Tara Swedberg, Ammy Norgran (again) and her folks.

I met CD White (Chad Daniels) and Fritz for a Juicy Lucy at Matt's. It was great to be back into the world and out of the hospital. Chad has an interview on WGN (out of Chicago) from the Bob and Tom show that is on tonight. We don't get the channel, but you should check it out.

To good health - Sam

4 comments:

  1. Hey Speeds--Only a couple more days and you can recover in the comfort of your own home!! I hope to see you for a bit tomorrow. I am thinking of you and admiring your strength!
    Love ya--
    Kristin

    ReplyDelete
  2. I really want to visit and I have a bunch of stuff for you to keep you busy...I just need to get over there! Exams have been keeping me crazy busy and stressed. Can I stop over once you break out of there? I have Thursday morning open....then exams, exams, exams...

    ReplyDelete
  3. Good Morning Christina,
    Hope this fines you feeling a little better each and every day.
    Dad felt he needed to get out and move about a bit when we got home so he and Dennis went golfing.
    I am amazed the improvements you show in your recovery daily. You are a real go-getter!! As Brent called you, "Wonder Woman".
    Hope your day is comfortable and I will be back up tomorrow morning.
    Love you lots, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  4. Hi Christina,

    Glad to hear things are progressing well. This is a great idea to keep friends and family up to speed on your recovery. Know that we are sending positive thoughts your way for a speedy recovery!

    Karla Swenke

    ReplyDelete