Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Tuesday, May 5, 2009

My last day - I hope

Dr. Kshettry just popped in and confirmed I should be released tomorrow. We expect Dr. Fine to stop in this evening yet. I had them both sign my heart pillow that all cardiac patients get. Dr. Fine signed it with 'To the best patient I ever met'! But I think there may have been some encouragement from either Sam or I.

I got my wires pulled out my chest this morning. There are wires that are about the size of fish line that are inserted jut below your sternum and are connected to your heart. It was pretty painful to say the least, but now I am wire free! I only have one IV left that will be taken out tomorrow.

Someone from the alternative medicine dept. stopped by this morning. This dept. focuses on a holistic healing approach. Dr. Kshettry is a proponent of this practice and was instrumental in getting the program started. They did some breathing techniques with me and gave me a shoulder massage, which was wonderful.

Sam arrived here around 11, just in time to help me with my shower. Today was a little different than yesterday. Yesterday it was Sam and another male nurse who gave me a shower. I think Sam forgot to mention that in the blog yesterday. I was just happy to shower, but it may have been a little awkward for Sam...or the other nurse! Ha! I was just happy to be clean and not smelly!

I am looking forward to returning home tomorrow, but must say that the Abbott staff has been wonderful and we are grateful. I am excited to see my pups and sleep in my own bed, assuming I can make it up the stairs. Our neighbors, Sybil and Vince are bring us over dinner tomorrow night! I can't wait to have some home cooked food!

My mom is also returning tomorrow to help with my recovery and Sam is going back to work on Friday.

Take care,
Christina

3 comments:

  1. Yay!! Glad that everything is going so well, and you get to head home tomorrow. You are one tough girl...probably the toughest one I know :) I am out of town for work next week, but would like to plan a time for me, Tony and Ben to stop over for a visit after I am back. Once you are home and settled, I'll give you a call and we can plan something.

    Enjoy your last night at the hospital, and good luck tomorrow!!

    Thinking of you :) Love - Tara

    ReplyDelete
  2. Julie ChristiansenMay 6, 2009 at 9:14 AM

    So glad you'll be headed home, I'm sure you'll be happy to be in the comfort of your own things.

    Will you be up for a visitor (ie. me) to stop by either Saturday afternoon or afterwork early next week?

    ReplyDelete
  3. Is that Vince the author of " Beware of Cat"? Can't believe there were more things to pull out of you ( tubes/wires) cause everyday something had come out- thought there was nothing left. Have a wonderful evening.

    ReplyDelete