Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Friday, May 1, 2009

Blogging, drinking black coffee & watching infomorcials

Christina just had the blog read to her. She apprecaites the comments. She stood up for the first time tonight around 9 pm w/ Nurse Mary's encouragement and push. We feel fortunate to have her knowledge, experience and caring touch to ease this process. She feels like a family member and has even teased me about wearing socks with holes in them. Great choice, Sam. Although it was 4:15 am yesterday.

Christina has been sleeping on and off. I just got two hours (10:30 - 12:30). This blog feels like I'm giving "facebook" information...info that people may not care about.

Tina had a popsicle and has been gabbing on the phone. Maybe she hasn't changed that much since her last surgery at 13.

We also plan to use this website for our adoption process. We are able to start the paperwork on our anniversary of 06/07/09. We are leaning towards adopting a child from Ethopia (possibly Columbia).

To good health - Sam

6 comments:

  1. I'm so happy to hear all went well and Tina is up and about a little. I hope the recovery continues to go so well! Wishing you both the very best.
    Elle:)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam, I love this blog! It is so great of you to do this, I love to be able to keep up with you guys.
    Tina, you are so strong and amazing. Keep a positive attitude and a smile on your face and you will be back to normal before you know it!
    Love you guys and I can't wait to see you sometime this summer!
    Take care,
    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  3. Since I do not know how to do the blog update I will post a comment. Tina is doing fantastic! She is more uncomfortable today as everything has worn off that they gave her in surgery. She was our WONDER WOMAN yesterday as Brent says!! Sam went home this morning to get some rest and John and I came up to be with Tina and try our nursing skills!
    The nurse was just in and had her standing up. She is retaining a bit more fluid than they want
    but with the help of meds that is starting to work now too. Hopefully, her IV leads in her neck will come out this afternoon. That will help her be a bit more comfortable too. She will gain strength every day I am sure. Christina is determined to heal quickly and move on with their lives. We are so very PROUD of both her and Sam throughtout all of this. Thanks for the continued support. Mom and Dad Taylor
    She loves reading your comments so thanks for those also.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Glad to hear that Tina is doing well, and that the support staff is too! We are thinking of you guys!

    Love,
    Tamsen, Nick and the boys

    ReplyDelete
  5. I love all the updates, Sam. It sounds like you are being a good, doting husband! Of course Xtina is cracking jokes, what else would she be doing? Kidding. Everyone at work is always asking me about how she is doing, and I did mention something about a Happy Hour in her room tonight -- kidding!!!

    I don't like it without you here, Christina, so I need you to continue the great progress and get back here! I packed up all my boxes, again, and not seeing you across from me is a bit depressing ; (.

    I send you much love and know I am thinking of you constantly.

    Love to you,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  6. I got the news from your parents that everything went well yesterday. Glad to hear your'e on the road to recovery now! I'm hoping to stop by and visit once you are ready!
    Hugs,
    ktj

    ReplyDelete