Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Sunday, May 3, 2009

Sunday Funday

This is not my nomral sunday funday, that is for sure. Overall things are going pretty well. Last night Ammy Norgs stopped up for a visit. Along with Brent, Kim and Livi. They were going to celebrate their anniversary at a bed and breakfast. I guess it wasn't quite like my bed and breakfasat. It was nice to see some familiar faces yesterday.

Last night wasn't the greatest, but managable. The hospital taco dinner combined with stool softeners wasn't the best combo. Who serves taco hotdish in the hospital anyway? I was up about every two hours which seems to be about typicall due to pain or just being uncomfortable. I was awake for the day at about 4:30 this morning and Sam was up by about 7. It seems that when I get up in the morning my lungs go back to where they were the night before. They get congested over the night and filled with fluids. To release these fluids I have to cough into a pillow, which is painful, or blow in a machine which usually makes me cough anyway.

I had an xray at about 7 this am which everything looked good. The surgeon stopped in as well and is impressed by my progress. There only concern at this point is the my heart rate is higher than what they would like to see. They said this is liklely becuase I have a low homogloben level as a result of losing blood during surgery. They said they antcipated this because it was my third surgery. With multiple surgeries you have more bleeding and scar tissue. They said Dr. Fine may request to have me medicated to regulate this or to just monitor it and have it correct on its own if it doesn't lower in the next day or so.

The dogs had a doggie party yesterday at the Stiles household so they were able to get out and about and I guess were pretty tired out last night. My parents left the hospital around 7 and Sam stayed the night with me. He doesn't fit real well on this hospital lounge chairs but he is a trooper about it and doesn't complain.

Enjoy your sunday!
Christina

6 comments:

  1. hey Christina! I work until 3:45 tomorrow and would love to visit afterwards. i would probably get there at 4:30. If that is not ok, please let me know!
    I look forward to see you and Sam.

    bye!

    ReplyDelete
  2. AHAHAHAHA That is so funny they served a taco dish! I bet your butt hurts now too, boy i bet that hanky comes in handy;) xoxox -laura p.s. i thought i made an acoount but i can't figure out how to log in correctly, i'll get this whole computer thing down soon:)

    ReplyDelete
  3. Great on the scene reporting and this is a great way for us to keep up to date. Everything sounds good and ahead of schedule. I'm thinking that made you two feel good to know your dogs were partying.

    ReplyDelete
  4. Gosh, I can't believe you are writing. I get tears in my eyes everytime I read an update. Sam even sounds nervous/anxious in his posts... poor guy. I know that you are blessed to have so many loving people praying for you!!!

    We moved again... and your empy cube is right next to me, and it sucks. :( But, I know you are getting better and making progress so you can move onto the next exciting chapter in your life.

    I miss you a lot... and I will come see you soon...

    Love to you,
    Bridget

    ReplyDelete
  5. Hey Teener -- I'm so glad that things went well over the weekend. I was at a cabin with no internet or phone service so I was super excited to see the blog and call you today!

    I wonder how your new bracelet hobby is going. Anyway, still praying for you and wishing a SPEEDY recovery :)

    ReplyDelete
  6. Tina,
    I just read your blog. I talked to your mom so I was up to speed with you. I hope that this finds you doing much better with each new day. I think of you and Sam often and keep you in my prayers. Take good care!
    Kandace

    ReplyDelete