Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Monday, November 22, 2010

Referral #2

We had spent the week celebrating the good news of our little Jack. I couldn’t help but show off his picture to everyone at work. I was for sure a proud mama. Having his referral gave even more anticipation and excitement to receiving the second referral. Our adoption director alluded to the fact that it shouldn’t be much longer and she was hoping to have news by Friday. We had a pre-scheduled meeting on Friday with our director to discuss Jacks medical/referral information. The meeting was at noon, and when we didn’t hear from the agency before noon, so I thought that meant we weren’t get our second referral until the following week.
Sam was at home and I was at work and Tami called us on a 3 way call for our meeting. She said, “Well, I have more good news for you, we have a daughter for you”. Yes, yes, yes! She proceeded to tell her name, age, etc. Then we asked to move our meeting to later so I could go home and Sam and I could go over her information together. I had to take the train home and it seemed to take forever!!!!

I get home and run upstairs to join Sam and meet our little girl for the first time. Sam’s computer had been acting up and just before I got home he had to reboot. It took FOREVER to get his computer running and email up. I kept on saying, “I will just get my computer downstairs and it will be faster.” Sam thought his would be faster, so we waited and waited and waited. Then we saw her precious face for the first time. Those eyes, she has beautiful eyes, when you look into her eyes it is like you can see all the way down to her tippy toes. All I wanted to do was give her a hug. It was sooo hard to not be able to be there with her and care for her and give her all that she needs. Ooooohhhhhh, how I love my baby girl.

Sam and I had our meeting with our agency to go over all of their information later that day. We went over all their medical history, their family information, where they are from, when they came to the orphanage, etc. It was a very smooth and encouraging information. To celebrate, Sam and I went to our favorite spot, Al Vento, and did a little happy hour to celebrate. Of course we had to tell the bartender the good news and share pictures. One of their staff adopted a little girl from Ethiopia too! They made us an appetizer on the house to congratulate us, it was salmon crostini (sounded like Sam-and-christini) hee-hee, I thought it was pretty cute.

My parents drove up from Rochester with my niece to celebrate again! I mentioned a while ago that Sam and I are in the process of a kitchen remodel. Our contractor was finishing it up on Friday and the plumber was also over hooking up a new sink! That being said, our house was not very usable to have a houseful of people and 4 dogs (my parents brought their dog and were also watching my brothers dog). So we ended up going across the street to Kathie and Nick’s house to celebrate (thanks you for being great neighbors).

We shared her picture for first time and we shared some ooohs and ahhhs, hugs and tears. I love my baby girl and I can’t wait to hug her and kiss her and snuggle her. We shared a nice meal, some toasts and prayers. Later Alivia fell asleep clenching the pictures of her new cousins (okay, I may have encouraged her taking the pictures to bed with her, but it was so worth it).

Looking back, it was great that we got our referrals on two separate days. Both Jack and Hayley received their own special attention and celebration that was deserved.

It has been a whirlwind of celebration and tears with friends and family the last week. Sunday after receiving both referrals we had some wonderful friends over for chili (thanks Tara), appetizers and champagne. Thank you to all our friends who have followed and supported our journey. Jack and Hayley will be sooo lucky to have you in their lives.

So what is next? We wait for court! We anticipate our court date being the second half of January. It would be the best Christmas gift if we could travel over Christmas, so please hope and pray for us!

5 comments:

  1. YAY! Congratulations on your baby boy and girl!

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hoooray!!!!
    I love this story of celebration! So proud of how well you have waited and how well you truly celebrated the good news! You have a daughter! And a son! You are a family of four! Keeping my fingers crossed for a VERY swift court date! Maybe even a Christmas miracle! Keep us posted! :-)

    ReplyDelete
  3. So excited for you guys! And your family and friends sound so amazing and supporting! My mouth watered at the thought of chili and champagne! Yum!!!

    Hoping you guys get a really quick court date. I cannot wait for your two babies to be home! :)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Yaaaaayyyyy!!!!! Can't wait for the Jaglet to meet his friends Jack and Hayley!!! :)

    ReplyDelete