Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Thursday, November 18, 2010

Referral #1

I have been waiting to make this post so I can do it justice, which I am sure I won’t, but I will attempt to. It was Tuesday afternoon and we received the call. Sam actually received the call. I was in my team meeting, and this week I had a guest speaker. As the guest was presenting I glanced at my phone and noticed a missed call from Oregon. At first I thought, ‘huh, that is kinda weird, who would be calling me from Oregon.’ Okay, I know, probably a blond moment. In my defense I had saved our agency’s number in my phone, but they called from a different line and it didn’t show as ‘Jack and Hayley’ which is what I saved the number under. So I frantically checked the number that ‘Jack and Hayley’ was saved under and compared it to the missed call. The missed call was one number off from the number saved. So I thought, ‘could this be the call? No, we just talked to them last week. It is too soon, but maybe I should just better check.’ So I left my team meeting and then as I was checking my message and I hear that it was our adoption director, Sam is calling me on the other line. When I saw Sam calling me, I knew instantly. IT WAS THE CALL! I answered trying to fight back my tears. Sam said, “Christina, we got the call, and I am waiting downstairs for you.” I gathered my things from desk and went downstairs to meet him. As I am going down the escalator I am checking my email (why? I don’t know), but there was an email from our adoption director and it said, ‘Inroducing L****”. How crazy and amazing is that? Seeing my son’s name for the first time! So I jumped in the truck and we kissed and the rest of the ride home was kinda a blur. We got home and ran upstairs and I wanted to read everything there was to learn about our son, but Sam went right for the picture. That is when we saw his face for the first time. The most beautiful face that I had ever seen. My heart melted. I loved him from the second I saw him. Then I thought ‘I am a mom, I am his mom.’ It was wonderful.
Sam and I called our parents first, and then our siblings. The best part was that it was my mom’s birthday too. Coincidently, our little guy was brought to the care center on my parent’s anniversary. My parents drove up to the cities from Rochester to celebrate the good news. Sam’s bro and sister-in-law and their little girl, came over as well to congratulate us. Kathie, Nick and Anna also joined us in the celebration. It was pure joy.

Because we are not legally the parents of Jack yet, we need to protect his privacy so I can’t tell you much. What I can tell you is that he is 3 months old, 9.8 lbs, and has the most kissable lips and most beautiful eyes. And did I mention that he has head full of curls? He is a heartbreaker.

On a side note, Sam and I are not sharing Jack and Hayley’s back story on their biological parents. This is something that we feel should be shared with them at an age appropriate time. God has given our children two moms and two dads on this earth. It is a bittersweet love story.

7 comments:

  1. You told about his referral so beautifully! Let me tell you girl! I was SO excited when I got your call, that I didn't even listen to your voicemail cause I called you back right away. This was so obviously the child meant for you and Sam. I can't wait to meet him (and his sister too!) You two are going to be such amazing parents. Yay. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. WOOHOO!!!! Thrilled for you and Sam! Celebrating with you on this incredible news!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!!

    ReplyDelete
  3. Loved the first story of Jack and Hayley...SOOO thrilled for you both. They ARE YOUR BABIES!!! Can't wait to see them in person!

    Sue

    ReplyDelete
  4. What GREAT news! Celebrating with you today! Hearing this kind of news does not get old! Thanx for sharing your story and allowing us inside a little.

    ReplyDelete
  5. so happy to hear this : )
    looking forward to hearing about next steps .......
    enjoy each moment!!

    ReplyDelete
  6. So happy for you guys!!!!!!
    Lots of Love
    Bree

    ReplyDelete
  7. Congrats!! Without a doubt, you are both definitely going to make the most wonderful and loving parents. I agree you told the story so beautifully!!

    ReplyDelete