Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Thursday, August 5, 2010

Today or Tommorow? Please?

Tomorrow we will have been waiting 5 months and two weeks!  It is seriously getting quite frustrating. I think every morning I ask Sam if today will be the day. And it never seems to be the day, but I know it has to be coming...soon!  I told Sam a few weeks ago that I thought that TODAY would be the day that we got our referral. I am still hopeful that we will get it this week. Sam said he thinks we will get it tomorrow. Next week Sam will be traveling near the Canada border for work. So if we do get the referral next week, we will have to figure out what to do being we won't be together. We decided not to worry about it now and we will just figure it out when the time comes (if that is in fact when we get a referral).

The frustrating part is the waiting and not knowing. It will be such a life changing moment and we have NO idea when that moment will come. I literally jump now when my phone rings! We have heard of another family who did receive their referral this week of a little girl and they had been waiting just 5 months. So this is encouraging that people are getting referrals!

Some good news, our friends just passed court in Ethiopia. You can see their new baby boy here and read their story!

My work also started a baby pool and they are all guessing on when we will get our referrals! If you have a guess on when we will get the referral, leave a comment on my blog and put in your guess!

Last night Sam and I went on a run and here is a recap over our conversation. I think it is kinda funny, if you read my blog and you don't actually know us, this is normal humour between Sam and I.

Sam: I heard you put a new picture on the blog?
Me: There are a few, what are you talking about?
Sam: Is there one on a deck? Dave asked where the picture was taken on the deck?
Me: Well if you actually read our blog you would know.
Sam: It would be nice if I could get our blog email updates instead of my friends.
Me: It think he probably referring to my last post and the picture was taken last year when we were in Hawaii. Plus this is your blog too, you don't need automatic updates.
Sam: Where are we adopting from again?
Me: China
Sam: Oh yeah, that is right.

Here are some pics, in honor of my dear husband. Some of his fine, and not so finest moments.  Love you babe!








2 comments:

  1. Thinking of you guys and everyday I hope today is the day. I can't wait to schedule a play date with our kiddos. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. I predict your referral will come on Tuesday, August 17th. That is Grandma's birthday and what a neat thing to have happen in her memory!
    Love you Grandma.

    Mother Taylor

    ReplyDelete