Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Wednesday, August 11, 2010

Their First Gift...


This is the first gift that I bought for Hayley and Jack. I bought it on our annual girls ice fishing trip. That trip was also significant becuase Sam had called me to let me know that we received our Immigration Approval! This was a big step in moving forward with the adoption process. I plan to hang it in their room. It doesn't really go with the turtle theme I have in mind, but I still love it.

"The journey of a thousand miles begins with just one step." There are so many parallels that can be drawn from that phrase and adoption. In literal terms, Jack and Hayley are on a journey of a thousand miles! There first step being strength; the strength to survive, their strength to trust, their strength to love.  They have a journey ahead of them like no other. In thinking of this phrase, it also resonates with adoptive parents, or parenthood in general. Adoption is a journey that starts with the first step of saying yes. You are trusting in process to grow your family in a way in which you have little control.

I will continue to trust in the fact that we will receive a referral, as hard as it may be some days. Whether it comes sooner or later, I trust that when we have our referrals, it will have been well worth the wait.

1 comment:

  1. Thinking of your family today and praying The Call comes today!

    ReplyDelete