Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Monday, August 23, 2010

Bittersweet

This post is bittersweet. I am bitter because we have not received our referral yet. Average wait time is 4-6 months. Today we have reached the end of the average and will be one of the families who need to wait longer than the average for their forever family. However, I say it is bittersweet because I know that when we do have our referral, it will have been well worth the wait and I wouldn't have wanted it any other way. I know that when we have our referrals the feeling of impatience, anxiety, and hopelessness will immediately go away. Good things come to those who wait and I will wait as long as I need to if that means that we are waiting to have the perfect match for our family. And really, who am I kidding, my wait isn't nearly as bad for me as it is for Jack and Hayley. Some days I really need to practice having more perspective. Please pray for Jack and Hayley to have a safe journey to us.

1 comment:

  1. That is tough. I feel for you today.I think Bittersweet is a great word for what you are going through right now. I admire your honesty and perseverance. It's still early in the day; my fingers are crossed the the call comes today!

    ReplyDelete