Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Monday, August 9, 2010

Another Week -

So we are at the start of another week. All I can seem to think about these days is, will this be the day? I try not to think about it because I don't want to be disappointed each day, but it is extremely hard not think about it...every second of every minute.

Sam leaves tomorrow and is traveling near the Canada border. He won't return until Thurs. Sam is sure that we will get the call tomorrow. Tomorrow would be the worst possible time being we will be so far apart from each other. It is not realistic for him to turn around and drive all the way home, should we get the call. So, that means we are faced with a few options: 1) We will open the information over the phone together on our separate computers 2) We wait to open it together until Sam gets home on Thurs. 3) I don't even tell Sam we got the call until he is able to come home, which would be wed. night or Thurs. morning. When Sam and I discussed our options, 3 seemed like the best option until I realized that I would not be able to not tell him. I could not hold the excitement in, even it was for only 24-48 hours. If we went with option 2, Sam would not be able to contain himself and wait for us to be together to open the information. He is like a kid on Christmas when it comes to things like this. He can never patiently wait to open his birthday or Christmas gifts. So that leaves us with option, 1. There are so many what ifs in this situation that I know I am worrying way too much about something that I can't control.

Sam and I have also been talking about what information regarding our children's past that we feel comfortable sharing with others. For instance, how they became an orphan. I am sure depending on what the story is, will somewhat dictate what we feel comfortable sharing with others. It is likely that we will keep parts of it private as this is their story and we would not want others to know before they are old enough to understand and comprehend it for themselves.

Send us good thoughts and prayers for a referral this week!

5 comments:

  1. Ohhh man! That is so intense! I would be a wreck, too! I empathize with you! I'm hoping you get The Call today!!

    ReplyDelete
  2. I'm keeping my phone close to me as well.

    Hang in there. Love ya, Mom and Dad

    ReplyDelete
  3. I hope it's soon! It's funny, I got the call when I least expected it, and I was always thinking of it so I'm not sure how that happened! But when they called. . . I was so not ready!!!

    About sharing information. . . we also weren't sure how we were going to handle it, but as soon as we read about our son, it became very clear what we'd share and what we wouldn't.

    Thinking of you guys.:)

    ReplyDelete
  4. Christina and Sam - I'm soooo excited for you! Praying that you will get the call very soon! I can't imagine how you must be feeling...it's totally like a pregnancy for sure!! You will make fabulous parents! Looking forward to hearing more news!!

    Sue & Wayne

    ReplyDelete
  5. Dear Sam and Tina, Everything sounds so exciting and a very special time for you!!! Wishing you all the joy as your story progresses. Love,your cousins, Amy&Jim Pacheco

    ReplyDelete