Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Monday, July 19, 2010

Ouch!

Today Sam and I had our travel Dr. apt. and immunizations. Every day we seem to be one step closer. Here are the immunizations that we got today.

-Hep A
-Pollio
-Meningitas
-H1N1

We also received Malaria pills that we take prior to being exposed to Malaria risk areas. We also chose to take the Typhoid pills rather than another shot. We will take those soon as the side affects from these immunizations ware off.

We did NOT get the Yellow Fever immunization today. This shot is not required, but reccomended if you are traveling to remote areas in Ethiopia, which we plan to. Here was our conversation with the Dr. today on if we needed the shot.
Me -"Is there any reason we should consider not getting the shot"
Dr - "Yeah, it is the nastiest of nasty of all immunizations out there."
Me - "What do you mean?"
Dr - "Most people get sickness and a fever for a few days. There is also a 1 in 300,000 chance you could die."
Me - "I think I really need to decide if I want to get this one"
Dr - "It is okay if you are a chicken. What, you don't want die?"

Then he made balking chicken noises at me with the arm motion and everything. Who does that?

Two Down
Two To Go!
Is that I tear I see in Sam's eye?
Almost done Sam, you can do it!

After we done with our shots, here was the conversation with our nurse:
Nurse -  "Wow, you guys are pretty brave"
Me and Sam - "huh? It wasn't too bad, but we can feel it."
Nurse - "No, you are pretty brave, I would never get four of these suckers at the same time."

Huh? What is that supposed to mean?  I guess only time will tell. Pray for us please. Ha!

2 comments:

  1. OUCH is right. Man I hope you guys don't have any reactions from all of those.....

    Your arms will probably hurt tomorrow.

    Take care you two. Love ya, Mom

    ReplyDelete
  2. lol! thats funny post :)

    ReplyDelete