Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Thursday, July 22, 2010

Getting Close...

I read the blog this morning of another family who just received their referral of a 7 mo. old girl. They are using the same agency as us and they have been waiting for a referral 5.5 months. You can read about their referral story hear.

Tomorrow marks our 5 month mark of on the waiting list!  Knowing that this family is only slightly ahead of us and got their referral is encouraging to us. I even wore my Ethiopia necklace today for good luck!

In the meantime, I have slowly been collecting clothes for Hayley and Jack. We have been VERY fortunate to have friends and family who have given us a ton a stuff for them.  I have also been hitting up the garage sales too. I also discovered Saks 5th Ave has some great deals (thanks to Melis - my sisterinlaw)!  Here are some of my favorite finds!

2 comments:

  1. Oh my! Such cute clothes! And 5.5 months seems to be the magic number at our agency. :) I can't wait until our children are having play dates together. Just think. . . They could all be together right now in the same orphanage! :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Oh, thanks Leah for your words of encouragement. It is comforting to think that it is very likely that they are together. It is also cool that they will travel halfway across the world to MN and still be able to know and see each other as they grow up! What a great connection they will have.

    ReplyDelete