Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Tuesday, July 13, 2010

Court Closure Update

Courts close in Ethiopia for their rainy season, which we new, but we just weren't sure of the exact dates. I emailed our agency today to find out when exactly they will close. This is what I found out: The courts are scheduled to close on August 9, 2010 and at this time the re-opening date has not been announced. Traditionally early dates are assigned in October for the court new session.

It is unlikely, more like impossible that we will have a referral and court date before they close on Aug. 9th. This means that the earliest we would travel would be in October. My hope is that we get our referral soon so we can be put on the list to go to Court right after they re-open. Keep your fingers crossed that our referral will come in the next month or so!

Next week will mark our 5 month mark. Isn't that nuts! We have been waiting almost 5 months!  Again, the average to a referral is 4-6 months. So everyday is starting to get more real for us. We will find out that we have a referral when our agency calls us. They will not call us unless they are calling with BIG news. So everyday I start to get a little more attached to my phone. I am starting to jump a little when it rings or my heart will skip a beat. I am soooo excited and ready to become parents, but at the same time I am terrified. I am terrified that I won't feel an immediate attachment. It is such a strange feeling knowing in the next few months I will be looking at my son and daughter over an emailed photo. Strange, so strange. I think I used to be in la la land dreaming of how cute, great and perfect they will be. Now that each day is getting closer reality is starting to kick in. These kids could be far from perfect and I really have no control over this situation, none!  I just keep try to remind myself that things probably won't be as I have imagined it to be, and nothing in this life is perfect, but everything will work out in the end and I will love these children and their imperfections.

1 comment:

  1. 5 months! That is awesome! We got our referral at the 5 and a half month mark so I have a feeling you are SO CLOSE!!! I can't wait to hear about your referral. :)

    ReplyDelete