Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Wednesday, February 23, 2011

Travel Plans

So as Sam and I were making our travel plans to Ethiopia, we had originally planned on just going to Ethiopia, doing a little touring in the country and heading home after meeting our babes and passing court. Well as our plans were developing, we realized that there would be a layover in Amsterdam. So, hum, what to do? Well, we checked with our travel agency (which was amazing by the way - Susan Parr Travel) and it would not cost any extra for to spend a day or two in Amsterdam. Sam and I have not really traveled much internationally, so we thought we just better take advantage of this opportunity. So that was it, we decided to take two days to ourselves to spend in Amsterdam before officially becoming parents! Our last vacation before babies. We better do it up good! Sam and I haven't been on a 'real' vacation in over 2 years because we have been saving for our adoption, so we are really looking forward to this little treat for ourselves. Really looking forward to it, is probably an understatement.

So what to do in Amsterdam? Well I am sure a lot that soon to be parents will not be partaking in! However, we are filling up our agenda, the Anne Frank House and the Heineken Brewery are on tap. Have recommendations for us? Let us have it!

14 days left until we travel. For the countdown, 14 things I am thankful for:
14. I am thankful that Sam and I have great jobs with companies that we really appreciate. We don't take our job for granted...I will just leave it at that.

2 comments:

  1. I'm so excited for you! I love the two things you already have planned. I did those and loved them both! Be ready to cry at the Anne Frank house. You go in already knowing the outcome, but still, you hear about it all and so want it to end well. Sigh. . .

    Something I also did was visit the diamond factor. Holland is known for their diamonds, and you could see how they make them, and then you could buy some and they were SO cheap. Also, I would definitely do a canal tour. Amsterdam is obviously known for their canals, and going on a tour really helps you get to know the city well. . . all while sitting down and putting in little effort. Loved that. :)

    The Van Gogh museum was amazing! Of course, that is if you like Van Gogh.

    And of course the shopping! Those Europeans know how to dress, and I loved looking in the stores, and then buying something really cheap and saying, yes, I bought this in Europe. Hee hee. :)

    You guys are going to have an amazing time. :)

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hi sissy! I like the countdown idea for your trip! I'm sooo excited for you guys!!!!
    My roommate, Danielle just went to Amsterdam and she said she loved the Van Gogh museum. If the tulips are in bloom you could see the tulip garden. The rides through the canals. I'm so jealous! You guys totally deserve this, what a fun adventure:)

    Love ya, Laura

    ReplyDelete