Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Sunday, February 20, 2011

Showers, Showers, Showers

I have some catching up to do! I have not even posted about my first baby shower in January. It was a beautiful shower hosted by my amazing friends Kathie, Elisha, Laura and Tara!  Everything from the food, to the decorations to the cake was perfect. It was a showing of about 20 ladies including high school friends, college friend, work friends, and family. I want to thank everyone again for their generosity all that they have done in support of Jack and Hayley's homecoming!












Kathie, Elisha, Me, Tara, Laura

You can tell from the pictures we are keeping in classy here in MN. Yes, we were drinking wine from the baby bottles as one of the baby games. 

On Friday my co-workers hosted a shower for me after work!  We went to Zahtar, a bar in our work building. Katie and Sarah hosted the event and was perfect! The group came together and gave us a gift card so we can get our BOB stroller! How lucky are we! We also got some great books and gift card toward a photo setting from a great photographer who is also a co-worker! We are so excited. Sam met up with us later and a few of us head out on the town. As if the shower wasn't enough, I also finished my MBA officially on Friday. Sam, celebrated enough for the both of us that evening.

The following day we did some baby errands and Sam fell asleep at Babies'r'Us in a glider. As I was trying to show him an outfit I said, "Do you like this one or this one?" and a women walked by and said, "His eyes are still closed." Sam was pooped and his idea of fun did not included two Targets and Babies'r'Us.

We are headed to church shortly where they are doing a special service featuring African dance, music and food. We are excited to see what it is all about.

As we are getting ready to leave in 2.5 weeks, I am going to try to keep my blog update a bit better. My goal is to post something daily to keep everyone informed on our travel plans!

1 comment:

  1. Looks like you guys have been busy! And your shower was great! I really enjoyed meeting your mom! Such a sweet lady! :)

    I continue to think of you, and am so excited about your upcoming trip. :)

    ReplyDelete