Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Friday, February 25, 2011

Thankful

I have already failed, I missed updating my blog for what I was thankful for on my count down to travel. I can say that yesterday I was thankful for happy hour and spicy salmon rolls though!

Here goes...for real

13. I am thankful that Sam and I were lead down the path of adoption through our life circumstances and the decisions that we chose to make that were best for us and our future family. I know I haven't even met our lil Jack and Hayley yet, but everything just feels right. We are so grateful to grow our family through the gift of adoption.

12.  I am thankful for the birth parents of Jack and Hayley. I can't imagine anything more selfless than relinquishing a child to give them a life that would want them to have. This is a painful and heart wrenching decision that many parents in Ethiopia are faced to make. I will always admire the strength and love of Jack and Hayley's first parents be forever indebted to them.

No comments:

Post a Comment