Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Sunday, June 20, 2010

Learning Amharic

In preparation for our travels to Ethiopia Sam and I are starting to learn a little bit of Amharic. We also think it is important to know some basic words in order to bond easier with our children. Sam and I are going to learn one new word each day. I thought it would be helpful to post our word of the day to our blog to help learn and thought some of you may be interested too! It will also help to hold me  accountable (I hope).

Here was yesterday's words:
Daddy = Abbabba
Mommy = Amaya

Today's word:
Yes = Awo

And here is to all the wonderful dads out there: Dasella Abbabba's Zare (or something like that)!  A special Happy Father's Day to my wonderful husband and the soon to be father of our children. Jack and Hayley could very well be born and awaiting you! They will be so fortunate to have you as their abbabba!

I cannot beleive it has already been almost 4 months!  Wow, how time can fly!

No comments:

Post a Comment