Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Thursday, April 30, 2009

She is talking and just sat up in her bed

Christina has already started asking me to do things. Needless to say, things are back to normal. She has been awake and talking since around 3 pm. I've been in the room, so I haven't updated the blog. Tina is asking how everyone at the hospital did today and if I called everyone and updated the blog. She left her sister, Laura, a voicemail shortly after she woke up in teh ICU.

She just sat up on the edge of the bed. The nurse continues to describe her as "perfect" and Dr. Fine (cardiologist) was very impressed by her progress.

She is cracking jokes about how she "must smell like Kathie" and how she's a "tough Taylor." I didn't have the heart to remind her she changed her name to Skinner. She thanked her dad for "making her tough." She asked, "how much did my mom cry?" She's taking pictures w/ her family and demonstrating her sense of humor. She just ordered me to go eat, so I don't get crabby. She is about to take a much needed nap.

Nurse Mary stated she will leave the ICU tomorrow because she is progressing so well. She anticipates to be in the hospital for 5-7 days (total). I'll update everyone when she is ready for visitors. Please pass this link along to anyone who I missed. Thanks for the messages, texts, emails, vmails and support. - Sam

2 comments:

  1. Glad to hear Christina is showing her sassy side!

    ReplyDelete
  2. So glad to hear that you are doing so well! Make sure to take advantadge of all the doting and keep up with the grea sense of humor!
    Dana

    ReplyDelete