Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Sunday, March 6, 2011

A March Thanksgiving

Hi, It's Christina's husband, Sam. I'm compelled to document my thanks after reading Christina's recent posts. Here goes:

1. Christina's dedication to our adoption process makes me thankful. She is ready for motherhood and continues to "live it" everyday, every hour and every minute in her mind and actions. She has completed the lion's share of organizing, planning and communicating. She makes the often times nervous, unknown thoughts about the experience of parenthood easier and less scary. I can't wait for the opportunity to teach, educate and learn with two new SKINNERS.

2. I'm thankful for Fergus Falls. I grew up in a small town in Midwest MN. We just played in a basketball tournament with childhood friends and my brother. I can hardly walk today, but yesterday was one of the best days of the year. Life has a different feel, pace and their are tons of great people in Fergus. Our family and friends are the definition of supportive in all aspects of our lives. We are blessed.

3. I'm thankful for the opportunity to travel to Ethiopia and Amsterdam. Everyone talks about the 20 hours of travel. It sounds like parenthood to me, in some ways. You have a long journey that may be uncomfortbale (i'm 6'3") during parts of it, but it is all justified and validated during unbelievable moments and in the end. They are both opportunities, not obligations.

2 comments:

  1. Oh wow you must be soooo excited. Hard to believe this day has finally come. Can't wait to see pics of the babies when you come home. Give both of them hugs and kisses from us.
    Safe travels.
    XOXOXO Grandpa and Grandma Taylor

    ReplyDelete
  2. Sam,
    Your post gave me goosebumps. You are a good man and you will be a great dad. I'm thinking of you and sending your new family all of the well wishes I can muster.
    ~Keri (Graff) Stenstrom

    ReplyDelete