Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Wednesday, October 13, 2010

Nesting

I haven’t blogged in a while because I have no news to blog about with the adoption. So instead of blogging about no news, I will just blog about other happenings in our life.

So in case you are wondering, here is what we have been up to. Friday was spent at Amyjo’s new house discussing our book for book club, or in my case the movie! Ha! Yup, I am a slacker and didn’t finish the book. It was the The Girl with the Dragoon Tattoo. Great movie and worth seeing. I watched the Swedish version and would recommend going that route if you watch it. It was an early night for Book Club (considering it was a Friday night) because we had a date with Miss Stella on Saturday at the Pumpkin Patch for her first birthday! We did the whole shebang! Petting zoo, pumpkins, hay ride, apples (a 23.00 bag of apples I might add), etc. It was good times had by all! I have to say though, it felt like having a kid or being pregnant was a pre-requisite to get in the door! I guess adopting counts too!

Later in the evening we meandered over to the Stiles house for some Fallapalooza! Good food, drinks, bonfire and lots of laughs. Of course, it ended up being much later night than anticipated. I guess we may as well pack in these nights while we can! It was a beautiful fall evening: smell of autumn, no bugs, perfect weather, harvest moon and cumulous clouds all around.

Last week I painted our new guest room and Sam and I moved all of the guest room furniture in from the former room. It looks great! Now the babies room is empty and ready to be made into a nursery. I have been holding off as long as possible getting it set up, but I just couldn’t wait anymore. I will probably start painting this weekend. Sam is in full nesting mode moving all sorts of furniture around and organizing in preparation for the babies. Our basement storage area looks great now that Sam organized and re-arranged it to make more room for all this ‘stuff’ that we have started to accumulate!

I started another class this week. I only have three left! I am trying to pack them in before the babies come. It can be done!!! This weekend Sam is playing in the State Flag Football tournament in St. Cloud. I will be getting the babies room primed and painted! We are also starting a ‘kitchen on a budget’ remodel so I will be picking out some stuff for that with Kathie’s help!

Pics of the new spare bedroom:



Cute little outfits for Jack and Hayley, I couldn't resist:

1 comment:

  1. I will never think of Sam "organizing" the same...hehe;)
    The room looks awesome, i like the colorful flower thing!
    much love, xoxo

    -Laura

    ReplyDelete