Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Monday, May 3, 2010

It is a Good Day

When I did my cardiac rehab I often did it with another woman named Tami.  We really clicked and helped to motivate one another. I discussed her and her situation in this blog post. Tami was in rehab recovering from a LVAT. Basically they had to hook her left ventricle up to a machine that would pump her ventricle for her. She was had to wear this machine with a battery pack or have it plugged in at all times. This was a temporary fix until they had a new heart for her. Tami had been on the transplant list since November 2008. Well she got the call today that they have a heart for her and they are doing the transplant TODAY! I am so happy for her and her family!

1 comment:

  1. Such wonderful news that your friend got a heart. Hoping the surgery goes beautifully today.

    ReplyDelete