Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Lilypie Countdown to Adoption tickers

Monday, May 24, 2010

3 Months A Waiting

We have been waiting three months for our referral. Our agency says the average waiting time until Referral is 4-6 months, but it could be more or less than this. I am hopeful that we will get our referral sooner than later, but I am trying to prepare myself that it could go longer than the 6 months. From what I have observed and heard from other adoptive families that is that the wait is generally longer for girls. Becuase we are adopting a boy and a girl, I am not sure how this will impact things. I do know that Jack and Hayley will be well worth the wait. I think about them daily (more like 50 times a day to be exact). I often wonder if they have been born yet, where they were born, who is caring for them, are they getting the care they need, are they greiving their birth mother, are they healthy, are they happy, what do they look like, etc. The not know is the hardest part, I just want that peace of mind that they are okay.

1 comment:

  1. Three months down, makes you a little closer to the final date.

    Hang in there. Love, Mom

    ReplyDelete